England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Come into the Water...

Stop "monkey"ing around

Don't be "sloth"ful
Don't "kiss" up
Just follow the spirit

Hey guys!

How was your week? Mine was excellent. I can't believe the Miracles we are seeing here in Matoury. This week we baptized Lilia. She is doing really well. Her 2 sons are preparing to be baptized between Conference sessions next week. She told us she hopes they serve missions. They were definitley prepared by the lord long before we found them. Other than that, we worked really hard on our contacts this week, and I called all of mine up to Saturday. We fixed some appointments with some cool people for this week and I know we will be blessed for it. We still haven't found a building yet, but it will come. Elder Taerea is good. He is doing a good job with the branch and there are no major problems. We are working well together and having a good transfer.

Testimony: I don't know where to start. God exists. I am his son. He loves me. He blesses me even though, in the words of King Benjamin, I am an "unprofitable servant." We can't do this work with out his help. The Atonement is real, and over the past month I have seen it work it's amazing healing power in the lives of our convert and her family. I love Jesus Christ and I know that he lives. I love being a missionary and I love my mission. I am grateful for President Robison, and for you, because you have really helped me to recieve a mighty change of heart. My family isn't even going to recognize me when I get home. It has gone by way to fast, and I look forward to seeing miracles throughout the last month of my mission. I am also excited for General conference this weekend and the chance we have to listen to a Prophets voice in our day. I love my family and am grateful for them. Most of all, I love my Father in Heaven.


Anyway, That picture is at the space center in Kourou. I am looking up into the rocket booster. I am going to attach some photos now, but I love you guys!

Your favorite Missionary,

Elder Ison






No comments:

Post a Comment