England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggidy jig...

Dear Family,
Oh mixed feelings..... I think I'll just write about this week :)
Monday was so much fun. We went bowling as a district, that was so fun. In the evening, we went with Sister N'jie to see a man named Jeff. He's super nice, although he didn't have time to talk much, we got another appointment, so that's good. Then we went to the MacKenzies and had dinner and I got a hair cut. I love it :) So that's good.
Tuesday was also a great day! In the morning we went to visit Klaudia Hondrado. She's so great! She does a lot of missionary work! Then in the evening we had Amy N'Jie with us again, and we tried to stop by and see Debbie Stanbridge one last time and she was in! It was such a blessing, because Amy used to work with her, so that is so cool! Then we had to most amazing appointment with a man named Steve. He's so prepared. He never used to believe in God, but so many things have happened to make him believe, but he's still not sure, and there are so many churches and he's confused. After we taught the lesson he said, "I've listened to a lot of people about religion, but something about your message is different. It doesn't sound like a sales pitch." So cool!
Wednesday was great. I had my last District Meeting. Then we went to see Carol and finalized things for her baptism. She's so cute! She asked Brother Barratt to baptize her. She's super excited. |Then we went to the Hughes' for dinner. What a fun family!
Thursday we did planning and had lunch with Fiona Smith! She is so cool :) Then Sister Jensen and I did a workover! I came into South Kensington with Sister Garcia, and Sister Carnioletta went with Sister Jensen. It was so good! That evening we went to dinner at a Portuguese family's home. I had no idea what was going on :) But it was fun. The family had invited over their friends to dinner and then after dinner the family asked their friends if they would like to meet with the missionaries and they said yes! It was so cool.
Friday was crazy! But I realized something! I'm allergic to London! I have horrible allergies all the time when I am here! Anyways in the morning we saw this super cute less active named Katty and her friend. It was an amazing appointment and we just got to talk about God, and who he is, and why we sometimes suffer, and Katty's friend wanted to learn more! Haha, then we taught a man named Alberto who speaks only Spanish, so Sister Garcia taught the whole lesson. Fun :) Then we switched back and Sister Jensen and I went to the Sui's for dinner. Sister Jensen got to practice Violin for Sister Shooter's baptism, and I got to look at Alaister's mission pictures. It was fun because I knew quite a few of the people, because he served in Birmingham. :)
Saturday was crazy because in the morning I got a call from President Patch telling me I was moving to London on Sunday until the end of my mission! Madness! Then we went to help the Martin's move into their new house. Then after that we did some finding and had an appointment with a really nice kid named James. Then we went home and I packed. and packed. and threw out stuff. Haha, I got rid of so much stuff!
So Sunday was crazy! Sister Jensen and I were teaching both Sunday School and Primary, and then when I got there Brother Perry asked me to speak in Sacrament Meeting (ah!). Then afterwards we had a munch and mingle, and the ward gave me a really cute card. It was so great. Then at 5:00 pm Sister Clemente came and they took me away. Oh my goodness. Then I got with Sister Umurshadyan. It was fun.
Monday morning we OYM'd around Hyde Park. So cool! OH my goodness! We also OYM'd by Harrod's. Let me tell you, it's really distracting to try and OYM in London! Haha. Then Sister Feller and Sister Kuoppala came and we taught a man named Fredrico. He's so golden. Then Sister Feller and I went OYM around Hyde park for 3 1/2 hours. It was so cool! Haha. It's so crazy. Because Sister Feller is training, so she's my companion until the new Sister comes, and Sister Kuoppala and Sister Umurshadyan actually belong to Brittania Ward.
So now I'm here in the office e-mailing, and EVERYONE is here. Crazy! and I want to go see them, so I'm going to run. But I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! I'll see you on Thursday!

Hugs hugs hugs and kisses,
Sister Ison!

No comments:

Post a Comment