England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Scatter Sunshine

Hello Friends and Family,
I love springtime! Haha. Well, I'll just get into it.
Wednesday was a good day. We did a lot of finding, and we got some pretty exciting new investigators. Then we went to the Fowles for dinner in the evening and she made us tacos. Mmmmmmm.... I can't remember the last time I had a taco.... Yay for mexican food!
Thursday morning we got to see Rebecca. It was nice to see her after so long! She's been really busy (and who isn't in London? my oh my), but we really hope that we'll be able to help her progress sometime soon. Then we saw Justin and Brother Tavner joined in, and it was a really good lesson. I learned about how Brother Tavner came to join the church. He was a hard core atheist. He wouldn't even go to a wedding if it was in a church. However over the years he had a friend who was a member of the church. She would say things to him like, "When you join the church you'll have to give up " And he'd always just laugh. One day she invited him to church, and for some reason he decided to go. He was sitting there and the person on the stand said something about the Book of Mormon. He turned to his friend and said, "You didn't tell me this was the d*** mormon church!" She looked at him and said, "Is that a problem?" He said "No, How can I be baptized?" Haha. He knew right then that this was the place that he would find the truth that he hadn't found in church when he was young. Before he even met with the missionaries he'd read the Book of Mormon a couple of times. He was an alcoholic, among other things, but he gave it all up and joined the church. It was pretty cool. In the evening we went to Barry and Evelyn's for dinner. It was spicy African food. I love it! haha. It was a good evening.
Firday morning we went to see Bela. It was good to see her after a while. She's still waiting to find out what they can do about her eye, but she's adjusting. Then in the afternoon we saw Suresh, and Justin with Sister Stevenson. We talked about Christ's birth with Justin, and it went really well. Then in the afternoon we saw Chawezi. She's a super cute young woman. She said she nearly died about a year ago and that she knows God has a purpose for her, and that's why she invited us to come. Her friend Ivy, from Luton, joined in the lesson, and it went very well. Then after that lesson we were running a little behind to get to correlation, and then we stand at the bus stop for a little while... getting impatient.... when finally not one, not two, but FIVE buses show up all in a row..... Haha... it made me laugh, but we got on the first one, and were just a little late to correlation, so that was good... :)
Saturday was a day full of finding. All of our appointments cancelled or hosed, so we spent all day tracting and OYMing. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, so that made it better. However, I got a pretty bad sunburn on my arms, and a nice farmer tan :-P .
Sunday was a great day. I love fast and testimony meeting. Justin came, and so did Christian! It was very exciting. And not only that, but towards the end of church a man named Frank walked in and said that he was looking for a church to join. :) We got an appointment with him this Saturday. Then after church we went to see Christian. It was a really good lesson. We talked about the Word of Wisdom, and the importance of really knowing if Joseph Smith was a prophet. He seems to be doing well, and we're deeing him again today. Then we went to see the Kangetsambos (who are Joice's Sister and Brother-in-law). They are such a cute family. It was fun to spend some time with them.
So that was my week. I love being a missionary. I love the springtime. I love all the sunshine. and I love Ilford! :)

Mom- haha, your e-mail just made me laugh. I'm glad you are busy. It sounds like a lot of fun things are going on! I'm especially excited about CJs Eagle project and Nathan's special olympics! That's so cool! I'm so excited to talk to you on Sunday!

Dad- You should send me one of those flyers :) I want to see them. Thanks for taking care of all the school stuff for me!

Nathan- Congratulations! You won two gold medals! That is soooooo cool! I love you!

Elder Ison- You are right... you are a horrible brother :-P Just kidding. I have the best family ever!

Everyone Else- I love you!

Love,
Sister Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment