England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, May 25, 2009

The tower says we're # 13 for take off, But I say we're #1!

Hey guys,

I am really sorry about last weeks Emails. You have no idea how stressful it is to have a sucky frozen computer, 1 hour, and a whole bunch of elders waiting on you. Not that I'm trying to make excuses or anything. I am really excited to be back in Capesterre, even though this time it is a little different because there are 4 elders in the Apartment. my District consists of Elder Jones and Nelson, Elder Roberts and Copa, And Elder Lish and I. The other Elders are teaching Corrine, one of my old investigators, and she wil be Baptized this week. Elder Lish and I have been working in Goyave a lot this week, because no missionaries have really worked there before. We have found some good potential there, and I will keep you posted on their progress. This week were were out finishing up with our 20 contacts when we met with a lady from Dominica (that means she speaks English!). Apparently a few years ago, when missionaries first came up to Capesterre from Basse-terre, she had been taught by the missionaries and come to church a couple times, but since then she kinda slipped under the radar. We talked to her and she was excited to let us come back over and teach her again. But that leads me to a sad story, because we did teach her some pretty sweet lessons, and she promised to come to church, so we were super excited. Sacrament meeting started without hide nor hair of her, and the Sacrament part started, so they locked the door as to not be disturbed and as the bread was being passed someone knocked on the door. We couldn't do anything til the end of Sacrament. The person knocked for a while and Frere Mondongue peeked his head out and said something but at the end of Sacrament, the person was gone. I was totally depressed, because I'm pretty sure it was Elisabeth (the lady). She wasn't home last night either, so we haven't seen her yet. I hope we see her today and can explain, and I hope she isn't angry. I hope this email is better, because I am typing as fast as I can! I love you guys tons though. I hope you have a good week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CJ!!! Congratulations on everything you did this week!

LOVE,

Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment