England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Dangerously Cheesy

Dear Family,
So, I am finally in an area to stay! That feels good. I am now in Linden with Elder Kelley. He is from Arkansas. He is really short. It is really cool here though. You can get CDs and DVDs for a dollar each! If you have any movies you want, let me know! I would also like to know the waist sizes of Dad and the Boys... If thats ok. There is alot of cool stuff here, but it is super hot! I thought it was warm in Guadeloupe! There are also alot more mosquitoes. This week went by pretty good. I started in Industry where we had a couple of really cool investigators who had dates to be baptized. The rest of the week was spent in Linden trying to find Preisthood men to establish the Branch. I think that we found a really cool one named Rondell, who came to church sunday. He said that he felt that God had a special plan for him in his life. He lives with and takes care of his Grandpa, who is kind of in a vegetable state. His uncle helps him out with that responsibility. We don't have any other really cool men we are teaching as of yet, but we have some appointments set up for this week, and we are still going strong. My studies are really good, I started to study the New Testament again, and I am learning alot from the teachings of the Savior. I just read about when Christ gave Peter the Preisthood keys, which is cool, because I have used that scripture alot this week to explain the preisthood to others. I am really excited for this week, because I will be in one place! I will keep you posted. I love the Church and the gospel
Anyways, I am glad Mom is home safe and sound too. That is really nice to hear. I hope all is well at home. I gotta go now though.

Love

Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment