England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Betcha can't guess what happened this week!

Dear Family,
It has been such a crazy week! The begining of the week was pretty good, and Thursday we got transfer calls. I found out I was going to Grenada. That was exciting. We went out working Friday, and that couple I told you about who were supposed to get married, didn't end up being able to do it because Avanaash couldn't find his Birth Certificate. We went to see them that evening and watched "Finding Faith in Christ" and He told us He Would look for the Birth Certificate. Right After we left them I got a phone call telling me I needed to pack my bags, because I was leaving 10:30 Saturday morning. So I did. Saturday was spent in airports and I arrived here in Grenada at 9:30 that night. Grenada is a pretty Island, and there is a medical school here so half the branch is young American couples. It is a lot different than I am used to. I am excited to serve here. I am now going to try and answer all of Dad's questions;

How was your week? Good

How is it working with the English Elders? It is fun. The Elders I am with and was with were great guys

Are you returning to Guadeloupe this week? Apparently not

Do you know where you will be going and with who? Grenada with Elder Owens

So how did you like your stay in Guyana? It was really cool. It was a really good experience and I learned a lot.

Will you be going through St. Martin? No, but I will check out things here to see how expensive things are, and about the post office.

I love you guys. Peace out!

Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment