England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, March 23, 2009

I'll be your candle on the water

HEY GUYS! You all doing well? Well this week was pretty exciting. On Thursday we got a call telling us that for our last 2 weeks here in Guyana, we would be placed with an english side companion, so we could have that experience, so I was moved to Vreed En Hoop. My new companions name is Elder Fisher. He is from Oregon. He is pretty cool, so I am excited to learn from him. I am doing great here in Vreed En Hoop, and the Elders I get to work with are awesome. We have some really solid members who work with us often, and I am learning alot about how things work around here. It has been a major Growing experience for me. For my studies I have been studying in chapter 5 in Preach my gospel, really trying to absorb all I can, Because the Book Of Mormon is the Key to lasting Conversion. We have an Investigator who has had some problems in his life. It has been pretty amazing, even in the couple days I've been here to see the repentance process really and truly change his life. We taught him tithing yesterday, and when we gave the commitment, the answer was "I must. I must" It was touching to see his faith and the atonement work those kind of miracles in his life. Well, I got to wrap this puppy up, but I love you guys!

Elder Ison

PS: Grandma and Grandpa, I love you guys so much! You are always in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment