England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, July 6, 2009

That'll be four thousand dollars, or you can join our club....

So, Nathan making a new language is pretty much the craziest thing I ever heard of. Anyways, I am so hungry right now. Brats? Corn on the Cob? Ice cream? AHHH!!!! I'm happy you had a nice 4th of July! My week helped me to grow. We had to drop a few people, but other than that we're good. We found some pretty cool people to teach and hopefully they will be ready to act on our message. I am super excited to see my new bedroom. I bet it is awesome. Our landlord has been fixing up our shower and He did some painting and I got a little trunky because the smell of paint is always in our house in the summer. I got over it though, don't worry. I am glad Mom made it home safe and that all is well with her. It stinks that it rained all the 4th of July though. It is crazy that Ian is getting married too. I can't believe it. Everybody is getting married all of the sudden. Cool story: I saw Lionel the other day. He is doing really good. I talked to him at a fireside a couple months ago and he bore his testimony to me about the blessings that come from paying tithing. I was so happy to hear that because he almost didn't get baptised because of tithing. Now he is a fully active, full tithe paying, melchesidek Priesthood holder. That is pretty awesome. I also saw Helene and Jean, if you remember them. Jean still isn't baptized, but he comes to church every week. Helene still calls me her son and is doing great. David is renting a house right now from Lionel, and is doing really good too. It was nice to see all of my Recent Converts and how well they are progressing in the gospel. I want to get a few more. I will keep you posted on that. Well, unfortunatley, I must wrap up, but I love you guys and will TTYL!

Peace out!

Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment