England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Holy Cow! I am in South America!

Hey guys!

CRAZY WEEK. I am finally in Guyana (got here yesterday morning) and I am ok. St. Maarten was pretty awesome, and we were told we would be there til wednesday, But the next day they called us to tell Elder Wright and I that we were leaving the next day. So Saturday afternoon we flew to Trinidad, passing through Barbados, and stayed the night with President at the Mission Home. Yesterday at 4 we woke up and got ready and flew here. They put me with an elder from St. Vincent, who is going to train, but his companion doesn't show up til Wednesday, so I am here til then. Wednesday I get to move in with Elder Wright and kinda open an area with the rest of the Guadeloupe Elders. Apparently it Baptizes alot, so that will be cool. Most likley I'll be here til April 1st, so I don't think it is worth it to send anything here, so just wait til I have further information. I am pretty sure that because I have a Prefecture rendez vous I'll be OK to go back. Its really cool down here though, Its almost like a whole different mission. The people here are really humble. I don't know too much about it yet, but I will keep you posted.
Mom: I hope you had a good visit!

Dad: I will keep you posted about the Camera thing, I might want to buy one here if I can find one. I hope I answered all of your questions!

Steph: I have to write you a HUGE letter, but I don't know how the post works around here... I will try my best.

Susan: I saw the Larsons Yesterday, I will try to talk to them again before they go home Friday!!!

Grandma and Grandpa: I LOVE YOU

Thats about all the time I have this morning, but I will TTYL

Peace,
Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment