England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Life's Ruff

Hey family!

I'm sorry things are being so rough everywhere. I hope you are having a better week this week! Sorry this email has taken so long to do, I do have an excuse that goes all the way back to sunday. Sunday we were at a members house (The Duflos) Talking, because the dad just got called to be Branch President, and we got a Phone Call. It was our Zone leaders telling us that we needed to call President right away then call them back. I was kinda freaked out, to say the least. We called president to find out what was goin' down and it was a bad connection. We had to wait another hour or so to finally get the news. He decided that everyone that could leave the Island would. Immediatley. So Elder Biver had to pack his bags in one evening and get outta here. I found out I was to stay in Basse Terre and this time be with Elder Jones. Also, Because of the amount of elders leaving, they closed 2 areas, and added the Capesterre area to ours. We now have most of the Basse Terre Island to ourselves now. Elder Wright, my mission buddy, is now Zone leader. This was a pretty sudden development, but, It is all done now! Basically transfers came 2 weeks early! Also, the strike is still going on, but we did get gas tuesday. Today was the first chance that I got to email everyone! I am glad everybody is doing relativley good now, and no one is under the knife anymore. How are you? This past week was pretty good. We found some cool new investigators who are really sincere. We also have been teaching Pascal and he is doing great. He still is reading and progressing, and we are still praying for his Grandma to soften her heart. My studies have been really good. I started going back through the PMG checklist, And am trying to finish it before you leave. We have also been working with the members pretty well and they are starting to pick up the pace. My testimony is ever stonger and I am really excited to work with Elder Jones and This area. Other than that, I hope to be able to email the correct time next week so I'm not so rushed, and Have a good rest of the week!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

Elder Ison



No comments:

Post a Comment