England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Red Alert!

Wow, rough week. Sorry my emails have been so sucky lately. SOOO much is happening and I get overwhelmed trying to get it all down. This week started out normal and we were doing really well in Basse-Terre then on Wednesday we got a call that we were moving up to Lamentin for safety, so we left our area and went to work in someone elses. That was really weird and kinda rough because all we could do is tract. We were finally getting everything down and organized when, Monday we got the call that we are being evacuated. Our entire P-day was spent packing up our suitcases. We have been promised to be able to return, so that is cool. We got all packed and were on standby the rest of the day and told to stay inside. We got a call in the evening telling us to get up at 4:30 and meet at the Collings to go to the airport so that is what we did, but due to the strike, our flight was delayed til 4:30, so we were at the airport yesterday for roughly 11 hours. we finally made it here (St. Martin) and are on standby til we can get a flight to Guyana. I guess all the elders are going to a really high baptising area down there and thats exciting, but I am getting kind of tired of not knowing whats going on and being rushed all over. I can't wait til everything is all figured out and calms down and goes back to normal. St Martin is great though. It has lots of american food and other stuff so we have been pigging out. Apparently the strike is escalating pretty quickly in Guadeloupe now, so it is a good thing we aren't there. I am really exhausted right now, and, sorry Dad, I don't have a cool success story this week, unless you count the fact that I am ok and everything is under control. Speaking English is really messing with my mind though! I better go now, but I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Mom: Send Everone my love and give Grandma and Grandpa an extra big hug for me!

Dad: I dunno if I'll ever get legal, not that it really matters anymore! Whatever though, I think I'm OK with an appointment.

Boys: Keep up the good work!

Sister Ison: Strong cat, Really mean, Underfed. Thanks for the letter.

Everybody else: LOVE!

Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment