England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Mister, I'll make a man out of you


6 Lot. Heliconias
Route de Baduel
97300, Cayenne
French Guyana


Thats my new address, just in case you were wondering. How are you doing? I am well. The trip here was pretty uneventful, except my flight got delayed a whole day. It turned out to be a HUGE blessing though because #1: I got to go to an FHE at Jean and Helenes House, which was pretty insanely awesome, and #2 instead of Air Caribes, I got to fly AirFrance, which is much nicer. Now I am here. It is A LOT differerent here than anywhere else I've served. People here are from all over! Most of the people here are from Guyana, Suriname, Haiti, and Brazil. There is an ENORMOUS squatter neighborhood in our area, and its a pretty intense place. The work here can be difficult, because most everyone here is illegal, and are scared to get deported. I was pretty excited to find out however, that there are also a couple Amerindian villages in our area. It is interesting and different, but cool too. Our priority right now is finding a place to hold church close by, because the chapel in Cayenne is too far for most people. I am way excited to see the work you've done though! You guys are the best. I gotta get going, but I love you guys!

Love, Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment