England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

That's Inapropriate

Hey guys, Sorry about last weeks email. I always get the crappist computers and something always happens. I have already typed one email this week, and an error erased it. I also have to always type a report to P. Gamiette. My last excuse is I didn't have alot to say because I knoew nothing about the area yet. Now I do! Matoury is a challenging area. The biggest problem is Church. We are trying our very best to find a building close by so our cool investigators can go, but are having little success. Our members with cars are few, and they are full already, but we are still trying to work with them to get our investigators to church. Our branch President is very busy with his job, and we haven't been able to meet with him yet. He has worked the past two sundays, so I haven't even seen him yet. We have planned to do all we can to motivate the members to pray without ceasing for us to have the blessing of a branch building in our own area, and to help us teach, because we feel that it is really up to them. If they pray with faith and show it with their works, I am confident that we could find a building and help the branch to grow. They are all really great members and I know that they could be a real assett to the work. Other than that we have been working hard looking for a building and new investigators with vehicles so we can get them to church, and have found some people that seem really cool. My newest companion, Elder Taerea, is great. He is from Tahiti. He is a barrel of laughs and a good worker. His testimony is rock solid, and he is an excellent teacher. He has been a real example to me in the way that he asks everyone for refferals, and the way he contacts everyone.I love this church and this work. The more time passes by, the sadder it is that its almost over. I know that if I work my hardest to do the will of the lord, we will see miracles here. I can feel it. I love the scriptures, and I love the treasures of knowlege that are in them. I know that Thomas Monson is a prophet of God, and that the Apostles are called of God and will not lead us astray. I love this mission, and I love this people. I can't wait to see the miracles the future holds for this area of the world. I don't got a lot of time, but I am way freaked out that everyone is getting married, and really excited to see what you've done with the house! Have fun with school and seminary, and I love you!

Love,

Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment