England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Even so in Christ, shall all be made alive

Hey guys!

First off, I want to let you all know how much I love you. You guys are the best family anyone could ever ask for. When President Robison called me this morning to tell me about Grandpa, I can't say that I wasn't surprised. As I listened to the words of General Conference, I almost couldn't help but feel that they were preparing me for this. I am grateful for that. I know that I am going to miss that great man so much, but I know that the Lord is making good use of him on the other side. He was such a great example to me of how a Father and a Grandfather should love his children. It's no wonder to me that he was called to be a Patriarch in the church. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to do that report on him, and to learn a little more about his life. He was definitely one of my Hero's, and I am grateful to God for being born into his posterity, and for the blessing of spending time with him in this life. I find comfort in the plan of salvation and the knowledge that he led a good life. Make sure Grandma knows how much I love her and how much I am praying for her. Everything I love about Grandpa is in her too. They were, to me, the perfect example of love and support, and I want her to know that she is an inspiration in my life. Tell everyone how much I love them and that they are all in my prayers too. I know that this is a hard time for everyone, and I am grateful that they are still around. I gotta stop now before I start crying in the middle of this cyber-cafe.
Anyways, This week was a good one, mostly spent getting acquainted with everyone and orienting myself. We worked with the recent converts a lot, and even set a date with the daughter who didn't get baptized last week. This week will probably be a finding week, but I am hoping that the members will take Elder Perry's words to heart, because that would definitely make our lives easier! The Members here, like in every area I've been in, are awesome, but it is different considering that half of them are American! My studies have definitely been helpful, I have been reading through the finding chapter in PMG and reading through my scriptures trying to figure out what would help my investigators the most. Conference was amazing and strengthened my testimony about the church again. I hope to be able to apply what I learned to the work here in Grenada. This week we had been working a lot with the Johnsons, the family that was baptized last week. Their daughter told us that she didn't feel ready yet. We didn't get to see her a lot this week either, because she stayed at a friends for most of the week. We went over Saturday to invite them to Conference and Tara was home, so we asked her to come too. She came to the Sunday morning session and later that evening we went to see her again. We asked her if she would be baptized this coming weekend and she said yes. We told her that if she followed the prophets counsel to study diligently, pray fervently, and live righteously, that she would be blessed for it and be ready to start on the path to eternal life this weekend.

I want to bear my testimony about the church now. I know that its true. This mission I am on has changed my life. I am grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation, and for the Saviors Atonement in my life. I have seen the fruits of the Church throughout my life, and how great a blessing it has been to my family, but I guess I didn't realize it til now. I love you guys so much, and thank you for your love and support.
I love you guys

Elder Ison

P.S. My address is:

Elder Ison c/o The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
PO Box 3804
Lagoon Rd, St. George's
Grenada, West Indies

No comments:

Post a Comment