England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Scooter Computer and Mr. Chips

Hey guys! I'm glad you had a good week, I know I did. Tara, our baptismal date for last week, kind of ran away from home, so her baptism will have to be postponed. The good news is she is presently back home and has committed to us that she will not run away again. We also have been working with this kid named Bhola, who is a member of a part member family the Woods visit fairly often. We are trying to see if we can't get him baptized before they leave. Elder Owens is great. We get along really well and he is a fantastic missionary. This weeks planning session "by the book" went really well. It really helped me to see how badly we need new investigators. We have been trying harder to find cool people ever since. My Testimony is getting stronger by the day. I have been reading in Jesus the Christ in my spare time, and especially this week have had the opportunity to pause and reflect on our saviors sacrifice for us. It is, for me, a great blessing that Grandpa passed away so close to Easter, when the blessings of the resurrection are on most everyone's mind. It is really cool that you get to see Elder Bunker. I hope you told him hi for me. Make sure you give Grandma extra hugs for me. She is such a trooper and I love her so much. I am sad I had to miss the funeral, but I am glad it was nice. His obituary was awesome, definitely Grandpa. Well, I gotta go. I love you guys and will talk to you next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment