England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You are my sunshine....my only sunshine... :)

Dear Friends and Family,
You rock! This week rocks! Sunshine rocks! Ilford rocks! This week has been a really good one.
Monday evening Suresh took us out to eat. He bought us Pani Puri (which I loved sooooooo much!!!!) and also Sev puri (which was also good), and this drink called Falooda (It's like rose flavoured milk with noodles and icecream in it.... it was interesting, but very good). It was pretty funny though because with the Puri's you're supposed to just stick the whole thing in your mouth, but it was a little awkward to do so and Sister Andersen was having a little trouble doing it, and Suresh was just like, " No no no, even small children can put in mouth. " And he really didn't like the fact that she couldn't fit the whole thing in her mouth at once. We were all laughing about that. Then at Family Home Evening we played Ibble Dibble. I love that game! Sister Andersen won :-P Tuesday we had District Meeting, then we went to see Justin with Sister Stevenson. We read the talk by Elder Holland from conference and talked about how we can overcome anything and set some goals to help Justin live the Word of Wisdom. He actually set the goals for himself. He's doing sooooo well, and he really wants to do it. In fact a couple of days later I was talking to him on the phone and he was talking about how it's hard to overcome the addiction, but then he said, "but it's worth it..." He said that all by himself.... I felt soooooo happy :) Then in the evening we went to see our gypsy family. We read parts of 3 Nephi 11 with them and it was a good lesson.
Wednesday we saw a woman for the first time named Glenda. She was good, however a very strong Catholic, so we'll see what happens. But it was a good lesson, and she agreed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. Then in the evening we went to see Sonia and Nara DeFrietas. We had a reallllllly good dinner, and it was good to get to know them a bit better. Nara is 12, and she is sooooooo cute. I really enjoyed the evening.
Thursday was an interesting day. We went to the chapel because we had an appointment, but he didn't show up, so we started to do our weekly planning at the chapel. Then while we were planning this man walked up to the door and gestured for us to unlock it. So I walked up and cracked open the door and asked what I could help him with. He said he was looking for his mom. That sounded a little bit odd, but then he said, "She's in this ward..." So I thought he was probably supposed to meet someone at the chapel. I actually thought he was probably from Stratford Ward, because I don't know most of the members from that ward (they use our building). So I told him that no one else was in the chapel so he'd have to try later. Then he began to insist that his mom was there... and I could tell that he was not right in the head. As he continued to talk I realized that he thought he was at the hospital, so I asked him where he thought he was, and he said, "King George Hospital." So he was talking about hospital wards.... So I tried to direct him how to get to King George Hospital, and told him what buses to take and everything, and he just wasn't getting it. He was still standing just outside the door and I was talking to him through the door, and then he fell on me! I had to push him back upright, and he leaned back on the door and said, "Sorry sorry, I'm Irish." That comment made me realize that he must be referring to the fact that he was totally and completely drunk..... Because otherwise he looked like a pretty clean cut guy. So at that moment I determined that he wasn't going to understand what I was trying to explain to him, and we just needed to get him out of the doorway so we could lock the door again. (Plus, I was honestly terrified that he might throw up on me or something... ugh). So I acted professional (because he seemed to think we were nurses) and I said, "Follow me.." And I walked out of the building with Sister Andersen and led him to the front. I pointed to the sign on the front of the church and said, "See, this is a church." And I proceeded to explain again how he could get to the hospital. He said that he didn't want to get on the bus, he wanted us to take him to his Mother-in-law. So I grabbed Sister Andersen and we ran back into the chapel and locked the door. It took him a couple of minutes to figure out that we were even gone, and then he came and began to knock on the door, but Sister Andersen and I just went on with our planning. Oh man, we laughed a lot about that. The good thing about drunk people is they don't tend to be able to move very fast. haha. Then later that day we saw Justin, and he brought Nicholas with him. We read 2 Nephi 4 (I love that chapter!) and talked about trusting God. It was a really good lesson. Then that evening we went to enrichment and got to hear stories from returned Sister Missionaries in the ward. It was really cool. There are actually a lot of them in Ilford ward.
Friday we saw Justin again and talked about Following the Prophet. He really gets it. Ah, I love Justin so much! haha, he's doing so well. He reads every day. He does everything we ask him. He's going to get there :) .
Saturday morning we saw a woman named Ronke. She was really sweet, and really wanted to know what the Book of Mormon was all about, because she wants to know about everything of Jesus Christ. it was a good lesson. Then we went to see the Gypsy family and invite them to church. They're going to need to come to church if we're going to be able to help them much. Then we went home to make phone calls to prepare for Sunday, and *dun dun dun* I saw the mouse!!! It ran out from under my little dresser by the study table. Sister Andersen was on the phone with Doreen, and I screamed sooooo loud. haha... oh man... and we thought Toni was gone..... Alas, 'tis not so.
Sunday was a great day. The whole Fowles family spoke in sacrament meeting including 5-year-old Christine, and 7-year-old Marianne. It was on the topic of Eternal Families, and when we stood for the intermediate hymn "Families can Be Together Forever." And everyone stood up with their little families, I really felt the spirit. I loved it! Plus, Joice (now being taught by the Stratford Elders) came with Yolanda! I was so happy to see her! Oh how I loved this Sunday! Plus, this whole week and especially Sunday, It was warm and sunny. That always helps to lift spirits :P. Then Sunday afternoon we went to Romford for an Emergency Zone Meeting on Member Missionary work for all Full time Missionaries and Ward Mission Leaders. President was there, and it was really good to get ideas about how we can work more with members. Then that evening we went to the Akunne's for dinner. I love Sister Akunne! We talked about missions, and she told stories from her mission. It was so great. Missions are the greatest thing. You learn so much, and grow, and really find your own testimony. It's amazing.
Then yesterday morning we had District meeting. It rained alll day, but we earned some good Husband points :-P We also saw a woman named Caroline and had a really good lesson about the Book of Mormon with her. Then we taught Justin tithing and he totally accepted it. Oh my goodness, I know I keep saying this, but I just can't believe how well Justin is doing. He is overcoming a lot, but he's doing it! He knows what he knows, and follows what he feels, and he doesn't worry about what his friends may say about the church. Then we had family home evening, and we did a lesson about not judging others. We had everyone write a problem they were experiencing on a bit of paper, and then wrapped them around little pebbles, and put them in Elder Jenzsch's shoes and made him walk all around the room while we read scriptures about not judging people. It was a good object lesson. And a fun evening. Then last night we got moves calls, but both Sister Andersen and I are staying... *phew* haha, I would have been sooooo sad if I moved. I love Ilford!

Mom- thank-you so much for taking care of everything for me. It's such a huge help. I'm so excited to hear about everything the boys are doing. The special olympics is so awesome! haha!

Dad- I'm so glad you got the package. I was a little worried when you hadn't received it yet. :) I did have fun making the movies... haha

Elder Ison- I've been running too, except for some reason my shoes have been giving me blisters, so I couldn't run today.... rubbish.... but instead Sister Andersen and I decided to try jump rope. Now that's a good work-out.... man.... It was hard... :-P I definitely need to excersize more.

Emma- Thanks so much for the letter! I love you so much, and hope that you are doing well!

Grandma- I love you sooooooooo much. I hope that you are doing well. I pray for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Everyone Else- I love you!

Love,
Sister Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment