England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heat Wave

Dear Friends and Family,
I love my life :)
Tuesday was a good day. We went and saw Adam, although we had to teach him in the park because we didn't have a member, but that was okay anyway. Then we went with Sister Sim to see a young man named Jason. He's sooo cool. He pretty much knows everything about the beginning of the church and he's read the Book of Mormon. He has friends who are members of the church. It's awesome. Only sad news, he's moving to London South (for lame :( haha). Then in the evening we did finding so that's cool.
Wednesday afternoon we saw a woman named Shanti. She's Hindu and has been struggling because her husband and son are unwell, and according to her religion, her struggles are her own fault because of something she did in a previous life. I think she really felt the spirit, and it's comforting to know that we all have our own trials in life. Then we went to see Micheal with Sis. Sim. We taught him the plan of Salvation and he loved it. He's being a self described "lazy reader" though... Oh well, we'll get him to read and pray :)
Thursday was planning day and in the evening we went to the Stanbury's for dinner. It was great. Their youngest son has autism, although he's very highly functioning. They are such a nice family. I love it.
Friday was a busy day. In the morning we were meant to see Adam but he couldn't make it so we went with Sister Butcher to see Betty instead. It was nice. Then we went to see this woman named Louise. She's had a rough life, and is a single mom with 2 sons and a daughter, but she's strong, and she wants more in her life. I'm excited about her. Then in the evening we went to a Birthday party at the Martins (Bruna's 17 :) ) and Adam came. It was really nice. Watford ward is amazing.
Saturday was the coolest day of my life. It was helping hands day. We went to Ruislip forest. It's an ancient forest. It's really cool. And we..... dug a pond. Yup. haha. It was pretty intense and very.....muddy. That's the best way to describe it. There were toads and stinging nettle. Elder Green even found a slow worm (it's actually a legless lizard!). It wasn't too bad because I borrowed some wellies at first, so I wasn't too muddy, but then I slipped and fell straight into the mud, and that was pretty much the end of it. And if that wasn't enough later I was "team working" with Elder Peiffer and I was "slicing" the mud into squares with a shovel and then he was picking it up and throwing it onto the bank. Well, he threw one and it was too sloshy and it splashed all over my face.... Haha... it was fun anyways. Micheal came and he got right in there with the rest of us. And we did it. We dug a super awesome pond :) Then we all went back to Hayes chapel for a barbeque. It was rerally nice. I tried squid (very chewey.....). Also a load of people from Enfield were there! The Doninyas, Felix Okrah, both Toffoletti families, Rose, Becky Lee, and more. It was so cool to see them. Oh yeah and Brother Ghartey said I've lost weight :-P Haha. It was generally super awesome. Then we went home and de-mudded.... that took some time. I'll send you pictures sometime soon.... It's pretty intense. Then we went finding.
Sunday was fun. Micheal came to church and he wore a suit! It was excellent. He also stayed for the baptism after church. He's doing very well, and he LOVES church. We just need him to read and pray. By the end of church I was nearly dying though. I was soooooo sore, and I could barely move. Even now as I type my arms are very sore. I definitely need to work on upper body strength. After church we went finding and it definitely took me some time to loosen up. It was very difficult to move. Haha. But we got going :) I definitely slept very well.
Today we are in London. It's very hot. We're saying our last goodbyes to President and Sister Foulger. *sniff* But we get to meet the new president on Friday, so that's pretty cool. So all in all it's been a great and very warm week.
*There's sunshine... blessed sunshine.... * I love it!

Mom- Have a safe journey home! It sounds like you had a great trip.

Dad- Yeah, our new mission President is President Patch. He's from Orem, UT, and apparently he used to be assistant to the Presiding Bishopric or something like that... pretty cool :)

Nathan- Yes! I'm a missionary! I love you!

Sister Besso- You rock my world. Watford is fantastic :)

Elder Ison- Did you send my letter?

Love,
Sister Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment