England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Chicken?!

Hey!

This week was awesome. We have been teaching a guy named Claudel lately and he is doing really good. We taught him yesterday with President Nirrilep and set a hard date for this weekend. We also have been trying to keep the escalator effect going and have been teaching alot of people. This week studies I finished Mormon and started Ether. Those are some depressing chapters, but the story of the brother of Jared is really inspiring. Elder Biver and I have been working on our prayers and trying to make them more effective. Elder Biver is doing really good and we are working really hard. We had a fireside yesterday to introduce a new program to the members where we make paper chains to help them see that their missionary efforts are noticed, and they seem pretty pumped up about it. I love being a missionary for the true church of Jesus Christ, and hope that some of the cool investigators we found this week will be baptized! To answer Dad's question, no I am not a Zone Leader. There are 2 cars on Guadeloupe. We have the other one. I was really sad to hear about The Maxeys Baby though. I will try and write them this week. I love you guys. By the way, having a native French companion makes me feel like I am horrible at French. Its actually been really good for me, so that I don't plateau. I have almost finished the entire Book of Mormon in french too. I better send this thing off, but I love you!

Elder Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment