England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Way up high in the apple tree, 2 little apples smile down at me

I shook the tree just as hard as I could,
Down came the apples, mmm-mmm they were good!

Sorry you guys! In my rush to do emails last week, I totally forgot to tell you about transfers! I got transfered down to Basse Terre with Elder Biver. Elder Biver is my first Non-American Companion. He hails from France, but speaks really good english. He and I have been out about the same amount of time. Elder Snow stayed in Gosier and, because he is so dignified now, is the first of his group to be a senior Companion. On to this week. This week was really good. The transfers went over OK and I have quickly settled in to Basse Terre. Elder Biver and I have been running all over the place teaching. We also found alot of really cool people this week. We have a couple of investigators nearing baptism, and their names are Alex and Claudel. Alex is a friend of a member named Max, and this week he really got a fire to be baptized. The biggest issue for him is that he smokes. We are really working hard to help him quit and be baptized! Claudel is a young Haitian who is really searching for the church and is progressing really well. He has a soft date for this month and we are trying to keep daily contact. The members here are great and really helpful. I already kinda knew them from when I was in Capesterre, and they are really cool. There is one family, The Pommiers (French for Apple Tree), Who have a kid named Christiano who is Autistic. Sr. Pommier was really excited that I was coming down to Basse Terre. She said that she was talking to one of the members and said that I was going to come down here soon, so I asked if it was inspiration and she told me it was more wishful thinking. I am really excited for this transfer. In the Book of Mormon I have read 4th Nephi/ Mormon. Those are really sad Chapters, but they help me to realize how not to be. Nathans Email made me laugh, which was kind of awkward because this email shop is really quiet...
Well, I gotta go, because apparently I got mail to go get from the Collings!

Elder Ison

PS: Dad, The weather is a chilly 70 ish degrees here! ;)

PPS: THANK YOU FOR THE TESTIMONIES!


No comments:

Post a Comment