England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

.... It Pours!

Dear Family,
Hey ! How are you guys doing ? I am doing pretty well here besides the fact that once again there is civil unrest. This week people were on strike because they think the price of living is to high. Rediculous ! I am getting tired of it because everything is closed. I have 7 letters at the Collings, but we have no gas to go and get them. We can’t use the car basically at all because we have no gas, and we have Zone Conference this weekend. I can kinda sympathize with Sister Ison on the opposition thing. The day before Claudel was supposed to be Baptized, he sent us a text saying that he wasn ‘t ready and he would call us when he was. Since then we haven’t seen hide nor hair of him. Our best investigators at the moment have their own problems. One moves back to Martinique Thursday, but we hope she will be able to continue there, and the other, whose name is Pascal, is only 16, and his Grandparents are kind of opposed to him coming to church. On the bright side, we have had a lot of really cool lessons with the spirit this week, and I have really felt it. I don’t know how far the investigators we are teaching will go, but I know that I was pretty edified. Its crazy to find out that all this is happening all at once ! I am really glad that Mom and CJ are ok and everything is going well. Tell Dad and Ben to have a really Happy Birthday , And I will try to send them a card ASAP. Its always hard to hear that sort of news about Grandpa, probably because he is such a great guy. I am sorry that this email hasn’t been to happy either. Hopefully the rest of 09 goes better. I am doing great though. We had a Carribean-wide District Conference Broadcast from Jamaica this week, and i twas really awesome. We heard talks from Elder Johnson, who is the area president, Sylvia Allred, from the relief society presidency, Neil Anderson, from the Presidency of the 70, David A. Bednar and Henry B. Eyring. That was cool. I wrote the Maxeys a letter but I don’t have stamps, so I will have to wait to send that. Other than that I am good and love being here on Guadeloupe, and it doesn’t look like I’ll be leaving any time soon, so that is cool. A couple suggestions to add for my package if I may… A memory card full of cool pictures from home, Because I need some new ones for my frame !

Mom : I hope everything is cool with you ! Feel Better !
Dad :HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!! How are you holding up ? Thank you for your awesomeness !
Sister Ison : I have had your letter written for a while, but unfortunatley, I can’t send it. I will send it ASAP !
CJ : I am glad you are doing alright ! Be healthy !
Ben : HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!! I love you !
Nathan : I love you dude !
Grandma and Grandpa : You guys are the best, and always in my prayers ! I love you !!!!!!
Everyone else : BON COURAGE !
I love you guys ! Have a better week this week !
Elder Ison



No comments:

Post a Comment