England London Mission ............................................West Indies Mission
Click One to View

Doctrine and Covenants 4: 1-7

1 Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6 Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.

Monday, January 5, 2009

...And a Hippo New Year!

Dear Family,

HEY! How are you? I hope School is going ok. HAPPY NEW YEARS! It is now 2009. Woah. I officially spent the entire year of 2008 in Guadeloupe. Crazy! I am doing good here.This week was pretty good. We did finding alot and it was kind of difficult because everyone is still on vacation. We looked at the funnel and realized that our New investigators chiffre was looking kinda low. My studies have been great, and I am almost finished with 3 Nephi. I was really touched this time through by the Saviors ministry to the Nephites. It was really great. I am really excited to go to Basse Terre with Elder Biver.Elder Snow is doing great. I am grateful for the chance I had to serve with him. This week was kind of Crazy, and there were alot of tourists all around. We even talked to an American family from Tenesee! It was really weird to hear the American accent here! haha. Anyways, I hope you all set some crazy awesome New years resolutions this year! I sure did! I am excited to be in shape this year! hahaha. anywho... This week we went to a homeless shelter type place and performed and stuff, and we were in the paper! it was really cool. It is so weird that Micheal is engaged!Holy cow man! That could be me soon! Scary. Tell Grandma and Grandpa that I am going to write them a letter to thank them for their great hearts. This New years we went over to Madame Amarias' to pay the rent, and she let us in on some good New years Traditions. I was disappointed by the lack of Nathans Email this week but I will survive! I am glad you had a good new years. I saw the poster for that Adam Sandler movie today! Haha Sorry this email is so sparatic. I am planning on writing alot of letters this week to fill you in on the details.

By the way, I am planning on writing you, Sister Ison too, because I got a letter from you today! Be on the lookout in the coming weeks.

I am glad Zach and Andrew had a good time and enjoyed their Presents. They are on my planner this transfer!

I love you guys!

Peace and love,

Elder Ison


No comments:

Post a Comment